Any other truffle lovers out there?? I could drizzle truffle oil on basically anything, but one of my favorites is the combination of truffles with burrata cheese. The combination of soft, creamy burrata, with the earthy flavor of truffles is unbeatable. Top it off with a good olive oil, some flaky sea salt, and freshly-ground pepper, and you´ll have a rich, flavorful starter using just a few ingredients.
You can even make your truffle burrata a little more sophisticated by combining it with a portobello and endive salad. The bitterness and crispiness of the endives fit perfectly with the creamy cheese. This is a very simple and quick, yet posh recipe to serve as a starter.
TRUFFLE BURRATA WITH PORTOBELLO AND ENDIVE SALAD
- 2 large burrata halved, or 4 small burrata
- 4 portobellos cut into thin strips
- 1 endive cut into fine strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus a little more for frying the portobellos
- 2 tsp black truffle oil
- A little flaky sea salt
- A little black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add portobellos and cook them on one side over high heat for approx. 4 minutes, without moving them too much, until they are golden brown and slightly crisp on the bottom and tender on the top. Add a pinch of salt and arrange directly on serving plates. Sprinkle endives on top and place burrata in the center of the vegetables. Drizzle with olive and truffle oil, season with flaky sea salt and fresh black pepper. Serve immediately while mushrooms are still warm.