This Peach Burrata Salad is a fruity, rich and colorful starter to complement any summer dinner. The ultra-creamy and smooth burrata adds a bit of luxury to this simple, yet beautiful salad. It is made with homemade balsamic ginger vinaigrette dressing, cherry tomatoes and arugula – a few simple ingredients that come together to create an elegant starter or even a light main dish if you increase the quantity.
What is Burrata cheese?
Confession time: Every time I eat out and there is a dish with Burrata cheese on the menu, I’ll order it. It’s one of my culinary obsessions. Burrata is a fresh, soft, Italian cheese made from cow and buffalo milk. It’s kind of like a mozzarella but the center of it makes it truly special. It has an ultra-soft, smooth and creamy texture on the inside. For me, everything that Burrata cheese touches turns into luxury – so this is one for a special occasion (but then again, one can always find a reason to celebrate, right!?) So you can’t really go wrong with this one.
What makes this salad special?
What I love about this recipe is the combination of the sweetness of the peach with the earthy flavor of the Burrata cheese and arugula. Adding the tomatoes gives it some more freshness and lightness. The gin and ginger in the homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette really bring it to the next level.
How to make Peach Burrata Salad
Making Peach Burrata Salad couldn’t be easier. It involves NO cooking, just a little chopping, assembly and mixing (for the balsamic vinaigrette). All you need is 15 minutes, a few simple ingredients, a good Burrata cheese and you’ve got a salad that looks and tastes like heaven.
Try this wonderful combination and I’m sure you’ll become a fan of Burrata cheese, too!
PEACH BURRATA SALAD
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp gin
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar reduced
- 1 pinch of salt
- A little black pepper
Peach Burrata Salad
- 2 large burrata cheeses halved
- 2 yellow peaches cut into thin strips/slices
- 2 white peaches cut into thin strips/slices
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 50 g arugula
- A little coarse sea salt
- A little fresh mint
- In a big bowl, mix well all of the ingredients for the dressing, and set aside 4 tablespoons of the dressing.
Peach Burrata Salad
- Set aside a few slices of peaches to decorate the top of the salad. Place the rest of the peach slices together with the tomatoes and arugula in the bowl and combine well with the dressing. Arrange on serving plates, place the burrata on top and decorate with the remaining peach slices. Drizzle over the remaining dressing.
- Serve with coarse sea salt and a little fresh mint.