Looking for a sunny dish to spice up your summer night? Try this Chicory Salad – it’s light, fresh, bright and it is guaranteed to give off summer vibes! This salad does not only look and taste beautiful, it is also very simple to make and perfect for kicking off a dinner with friends or a BBQ night. Oh, those su-ummer nights! The best dishes are often the simplest: chicory leaves drizzled with a sweet orange-honey dressing and paired with the earthy flavor of artichoke hearts and fresh orange slices – this salad basically screams summer!
When to make this salad?
When you feel like a fresh and healthy salad, but are not in the mood for the common greens like iceberg, arugula, or other types of lettuce, try this recipe instead. It will most certainly be a refreshing break from the everyday salad that you’ve already eaten 100 times. This salad is suitable for many occasions. It can be the center of attention at the salad bar of a BBQ or a special starter at your dinner with friends. Or reduce quantities and simply enjoy it for yourself on a warm summer evening.
Why you will love this Chicory Salad with Oranges and Artichokes
First of all, this salad looks so bright and colorful that it’ll make a beautiful centerpiece at your dinner table.
Chicory and Artichoke might not be ingredients that you eat everyday – so they will certainly change up your salad game.
This salad has the perfect combination of bitter-sweet flavors and textures.
It’s super quick and easy to prepare. 15 minutes is all it takes!
This dish will turn out so beautiful and I’d love to see your presentations of this one, so please tag me on Instagram when you try this @andeast
CHICORY SALAD WITH ORANGES AND ARTICHOKE
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp honey liquidy
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped, plus a little more for serving
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 oranges
- 3 white chicory
- 200 g canned artichoke hearts quartered
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- A little sesame seeds for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients well for the dressing.
- Halve the oranges and place one half in the center of the serving plate for decoration. Peel the remaining oranges, cut them into small pieces and remove the white skin.
- Arrange the chicory leaves around the orange half on the plate in the shape of a sun.
- Toss the orange slices, artichoke hearts and spring onions in the dressing and spread over the chicory leaves, and drizzle dressing over the whole thing. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and fresh parsley on top.